Awana is a world-wide nonprofit ministry which helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ.
Wednesdays, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
September 9, 2020 to April 21, 2021
A few things you will need to know for this year
The first 8 weeks will follow a hybrid model. What does that mean? We will meet in person every other Wednesday outside at church from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. The in alternate Wednesdays we will be gathering online from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. In mid-October, we will reevaluate meeting in person and move forward according to the most current COVID-19 guidelines.
Here is more of what you need to know:
- Spots are filling up! Awana is for participants ages 3 years old to 5th grade. (No Puggles this year.)
- Our in person meetings will be held outside September 9 and 23; also October 7 and 21 from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Weather permitting.
- Masks are encouraged but not required.
- Parents will be responsible for doing temperature and symptom checks for their kids before the meeting (these are required).
- If the school you are attending is shut down due to COVID-19 cases and you are to be quarantining, you will not be allowed to attend Awana in person that week, regardless of your child not showing or having symptoms.
- We will not be providing snack during the time your child(ren) are with us but encourage them to bring water bottles since we will be outside.
- Books are required and cost $10.00
- Cubbies (3 and 4 year olds) are in the Honeycomb book.
- Sparks will need the HangGlider Essentials book.
- T&T will use Mission: Grace Essentials.
- If you need a vest or jersey, it is $10. (required); these are required because the earned patches get adhered to the vest or jersey.
- Awana bags or backpacks are $10. (optional)
- Bags/backpacks are optional but we do encourage that your child have something to put their Bible, Awana book, water bottle and other items in, so as not to lose them
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this new way of doing Awana. If you have any other questions, please contact Sarah Misleh at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you all!