Welcome to Children’s Ministries at Covenant. This is a vibrant, creative and fun place to be! Our goal, in partnership with families, is to nurture our children as they grow physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Our Mission Statement
Children’s Ministries at Covenant Presbyterian Church is committed to supporting families in the spiritual development of their children in a safe, loving, and nurturing church environment. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing a welcoming place where children experience God’s love and learn His word.
- Introducing children to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Teaching children about God’s big story and help them understand how they fit into it.
- Modeling prayer, worship, and Scripture reading as our way to communicate with God.
- Preparing children to live out their faith on a daily basis.
- Equipping staff, parents, and volunteers to work with children.
At Covenant, we want you to feel welcome, which means your kids must feel welcome, too! We want to support your family in the spiritual development of your children in a loving, safe and nurturing church environment. We make every effort to meet your kids where they are, providing age-appropriate worship activities and Sunday School classes. We have mini golf, zoo trips, swim parties, movie night, STIX ministry (musical interpretation and presentation), laser tag and other fun activities outside of Sunday mornings.
Our Children’s Director is Sarah Boatright. She’s fun, has a great team of adults who are committed to your children, and loves to chat with parents!
On Sunday Mornings:
9:00 a.m. Learning Communities
We have age appropriate classes for all our children.
- Birth – 2 years old: Room 104
- 3 & 4 years old: Room 105
- Kindergarten – 3rd grade: Room 107/109
- 4th-5th Grade: Room 101
We use the “Spark House” Curriculum in our 9:00 a.m. classes.
10:15 a.m. Worship Service
At 10:15 a.m. we hold our Worship Service for all ages.
- Birth – 3 years old Nursery: Room 104
- Holy Moly Worship: 11:00-11:30 (during the sermon) for children preK-5th grade in the Family Room, during the school year
Kids interpret the lyrics to contemporary Christian songs using props such as dowel rods, fabrics and sign language. Our STIX teams often prepare for special occasions such as Christmas and Easter services. Contact Sarah Boatright to learn more about getting involved with STIX!
A two part Sacrament Workshop is taught annually. All 3rd-5th graders are invited, with at least one adult guardian, to attend. Contact Sarah Boatright to find dates for the next workshop.
Easter Egg Hunt
Covenant hosts an annual Easter Egg Hunt the Saturday afternoon before Easter Sunday where we have crafts, performances by the STIX group, and hundreds of plastic eggs filled with candy for the kids to hunt.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer, Covenant hosts Vacation Bible School, our biggest community event for children. Our 2017 VBS—Maker Fun Factory: Created by God, built for a purpose—was the biggest yet, with 158 children.
Trunk or Treat
Every October 31 we offer a Trunk or Treat for the children in our neighborhood. Don’t miss out on this fantastic, fun, and safe way to celebrate All Hallows Eve.
Find information about our Awana Club here.
For more information, please contact, Sarah Boatright, our Children’s Director, at 719-598-0800.