Welcome to Children’s Ministries at Covenant. This is a vibrant, creative and fun place to be! Our goal, in partnership with families, is to nurture our children as they grow physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Our Mission Statement
Children’s Ministries at Covenant Presbyterian Church is committed to supporting families in the spiritual development of their children in a safe, loving, and nurturing church environment. We accomplish this mission by:
- Providing a welcoming place where children experience God’s love and learn His word.
- Introducing children to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Teaching children about God’s big story and help them understand how they fit into it.
- Modeling prayer, worship, and Scripture reading as our way to communicate with God.
- Preparing children to live out their faith on a daily basis.
- Equipping staff, parents, and volunteers to work with children.
At Covenant, we want you to feel welcome, which means your kids must feel welcome, too! We want to support your family in the spiritual development of your children in a loving, safe and nurturing church environment. We make every effort to meet your kids where they are, providing age-appropriate worship activities and Sunday School classes. We have mini golf, zoo trips, swim parties, movie night, STIX ministry (musical interpretation and presentation), laser tag and other fun activities outside of Sunday mornings.
On Sunday Mornings
9:00 a.m. Learning Communities
Classes at 9:00 a.m. for nursery, preschool and elementary aged children are on summer break and will resume in September 2019.
10:15 a.m. Worship Service
- In the summer of 2019, we will have Camp Covenant for kindergarteners through fifth graders during our 10:15 a.m. worship hour. We would love your children to join us for games, worship, and Bible stories around the campfire! Sign in your child at their designated rooms:
- Kindergarten through second grade, Room 107
- Third through fifth grade, Room 101
- Nursery for birth through four years, Room 104.
If you are interested in volunteering for Camp Covenant, please contact Sarah Misleh: email@example.com.
Kids interpret the lyrics to contemporary Christian songs using props such as dowel rods, fabrics and sign language. Our STIX teams often prepare for special occasions such as Christmas and Easter services. Contact Sarah Boatright to learn more about getting involved with STIX!
A two-part Sacrament Workshop is taught annually. All third through fifth graders are invited, with at least one adult guardian, to attend. The next workshop will be announced this fall.
Easter Egg Hunt
Covenant hosts an annual Easter Egg Hunt the Saturday afternoon before Easter Sunday where we have crafts, performances by the STIX group, and hundreds of plastic eggs filled with candy for the kids to hunt.
Vacation Bible School
Each summer, Covenant hosts Vacation Bible School, our biggest community event for children. This summer’s VBS is July 15-19. The theme is: Roar—Life is Wild, God is Good. You can register for VBS here.
Trunk or Treat
Every October 31 we offer a Trunk or Treat for the children in our neighborhood. Don’t miss out on this fantastic, fun, and safe way to celebrate All Hallows Eve on Tuesday, October 31 from 4:00–6:00 p.m.
Find information about our Awana Club here.
For more information, please contact, Sarah Boatright, our Children’s Director, at 719-598-0800.