In coordination with the Pastor and other worship staff, plans, develops, and implements the worship and music ministry of Covenant. Responsible for promoting renewal in corporate worship using a variety of styles and forms of music. Provides strong leadership to maintain a fully integrated and motivated worship team. Defines responsibilities of praise band members and enhances interpersonal relationships in a collaborative manner.
1. With the Pastor and other staff, plans and leads worship services.
2. Oversees and directs the Praise Band and audiovisual team through leadership, management, and pastoral care and nurturing.
3. Develops additional worship leadership from within the church body.
4. Creates the schedule for the band members and audiovisual technicians, and determines band makeup for each Sunday.
5. Recruits musicians and technicians as needed.
6. Coordinates with the Pastor in the selection of music for all corporate worship services.
7. Attends staff meetings to plan music and order of service and worship with Pastor and staff.
8. Coordinates and provides music personnel for funerals and other special services.
Responsible to the Worship, Arts, and Prayer Commission.
Reports to the Head of Staff.
Interfaces with all staff as necessary.
Supervises the Praise Band and audiovisual crew.
1. Strong commitment to Jesus Christ.
2. Representative of Jesus Christ and Covenant Presbyterian Church.
3. Able to articulate and relate personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
4. Able to lead graciously as a servant, with self-direction and initiative.
5. Good interpersonal skills, able to relate to and cooperate with all staff, congregants, and worship team members.
6. Effective vocal and musical skills that cover a broad range of musical styles.
7. Open to and comfortable with a variety of manifestations of the Holy Spirit in worship.
8. Able to lead the music ministry of the church in both contemporary and traditional music which invites the congregation to worship.