Prioritize own time to carry out responsibilities outlined below
Attend Session meetings, Attend Children and Student Ministries (CASM) meetings, and attend staff meetings.
Attention to his/her personal health and well-being along with his/her family
Responsible for the care and nurture of children (birth through 5th grade) and supporting their families, through Sunday School, children’s worship, and summer activities. Develop and oversee the Children’s Ministries of the church, including the administration of all children’s for birth through grade five.
1. Oversee and supervise the operation of nursery-5th grade, including recruiting, hiring, training, and supervision of all paid and volunteer staff.
2. Develop, recruit, train, nurture, and lead the Children’s Ministry Team to work with staff and the Children’s and Student Commission (CASM) in the development of vision and implementation of all phases of Children’s Ministry.
3. Responsible in cooperation with CASM for Sunday School Curriculum, supplementation, oversight, teacher training and support of teachers.
4. Plan, develop and implement summer programs for children.
5. Interpret the Children’s Ministries Christian Education program to the congregation and parents through publicity and personal contacts.
6. Provide support and resources to families that encourage spiritual growth of children.
7. Maintain needed supplies, equipment, visual aids and materials for the children's ministries.
8. Supervise the records, mailing lists, etc. for children's ministries.
9. Responsible to manage within the budget established for Children’s Ministries by the Session.
1. With the assistance of the Pastoral Staff, provide annual Sacrament workshops for children and their families.
2. Coordinate with the other Covenant staff for all church programming.
Strong commitment to Christ and able to be a good representative of Christ and Covenant Presbyterian Church.
Education, training or experience in Christian Education desirable but not mandatory.
Concern for and rapport with children and families.
Diplomatic, mature personality able to present a poised, pleasant, positive attitude toward all who are encountered.
Good inter-personal skills, able to relate to and cooperate with all staff and congregation as a member of a team.
Possess self-direction and initiative.
Must be a ministry builder (Ephesians 4:11-12) with skill in recruiting, developing, evaluating and encouraging volunteer leaders and teams toward the development of quality disciples.
Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
Training in Christian Education, Early Childhood Education, or Child Development preferred.
Call 719.598.0800 for more information